Welcome to Nature Foundation SA
Nature Foundation SA is a not-for-profit wildlife charity which works with and inspires others to save, protect and restore South Australia's natural biodiversity.
The Foundation focuses on three key areas...
- The purchase and management of land with significant conservation value, restoring it to its natural state. This land protects threatened species, builds wildlife corridors and provides a base from which scientific studies can be undertaken.
- The Foundation funds high level conservation research projects on and off its land. To date, providing over $1.8 million worth of funding in its 30 year history.
- Water for Nature is the Foundations most recent initiative and involves conducting environmental watering projects along the Murray Darling River. NFSA is partnering with the Commonwealth Environmental Water Officer to deliver 50 gigalitres of Commonwealth environmental water over the next five years to the River Murray.
These conservation projects come at a price and as a charity the Foundation relies upon supporters, members and donors to carry out its vital work.
Friday 6 March – Monday 9 March
Nature Foundation SA has a stall at WOMAD this year. If you're heading out to WOMAD, stop by and say hello we'd love to see you (and please ask your friends to visit). We have information and merchandise and the wonderful Dr Barbara Hardy AO will be dropping in to help out at the stall.
Watchalunga Nature Reserve Launch
Saturday 21 March 10.00am – 11.30am
PROPERTY VISIT OPPORTUNITY
Location: near Finniss, Fleurieu Peninsula (approx. one hour from Adelaide).
Members and supporters are invited to join us for the official launch of Watchalunga Nature Reserve by the Hon Ian Hunter MLC Minister for Sustainability, Environment and Conservation.
RSVP essential – please Ph 8340 2880 or email email@example.com by 5 March
Hiltaba Walking Trails Launch
Thursday 30 April – Sunday 3 May
PROPERTY VISIT OPPORTUNITY
Location: Approximately 700 km n/w of Adelaide near Wirrulla, Eyre Peninsula
All members and supporters are invited to join us for the launch of the 'Betty and Bob Lewis Walking Trail' and 'Warren Bonython Walking Trail'. Please note there is limited accommodation available in the Shearers Quarters, however there is also unpowered camping available. Bookings are essential – please Ph 8340 2880 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
2015 Memberships are now due
Don't forget to renew your Nature Foundation SA memberships for 2015 – we now have 1,2,3 year and life membership options. Funds help support Nature Foundation SA efforts to Save, Protect and Restore South Australia's precious biodiversity.
Membership Fees and a downloadable membership form are on the Nature Foundation SA website. http://www.naturefoundation.org.au/membership/ or contact Natasha on 8340 2880 or email: email@example.com
Please note membership is based on the calendar year.
The 2015 Calendar of Events provides some great opportunities to help support the work of Nature Foundation SA. Click for a full list of events.
2015 Volunteer Opportunities
Nature Foundation SA has a number of volunteering opportunities available to corporates, members and the community. Click for more information.
The significant conservation ‘footprint’ of Nature Foundation SA is shown on a map of SA indicating:
- Properties Currently Owned/Co-Owned or Managed/Co-Managed by NFSA,
- Water For Nature Watering Sites,
- Bushbank Properties, and
- Properties Previously Acquired By Or With NFSA Support
View the Nature Foundation SA Conservation Footprint Map